There are thousands of animals looking for their forever homes in shelters across the country, and National Adoption Month aims to encourage and advise people taking the step into dog ownership about the benefits of rehoming.
• National Dog Adoption Month aims to:
• promote the concept of adopting a dog from a UK shelter
• encourage and advise people on how to adopt a dog
• provide information on caring for a dog responsibly
• raise the profile of rescue organisations within local communities
• promote the vast benefits and advantages of adopting a dog
• advise on how to overcome common behavioural problems that often lead to dogs being rehomed
Remember, a dog is for life, so make sure you and your family are ready and able to take on a new dog before you commit. There are lots of activities and advice this month to help you make that decision, so why not check out the official website for more information?