navbar

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Freshly baked bread

We love this poem by Jacki Gordon, compiler of our fab book My Dog, my Friend – Heart-warming tales of canine companionship from celebrities and other extraordinary people. The book is available now from the Hubble & Hattie website.

She snuggles up.
I adore her.

She looks out for me.
She is devoted.
She seems to know my every need.

Side by side we are strong.
I miss her when we are apart
I love her.

I think we are alike, her and me.
Sometimes I behave like she is my
own flesh and blood.

She smells of the outdoors.
Of almonds.
Of lavender, sometimes.

She says I smell
of freshly baked bread.
People laugh when she says that.

They say
Dogs don't smell of freshly baked bread.

Looka does, she says.



The full interview with Jacki Gordon, talking about the book, her gorgeous girl Looka, and our love of dogs, is now available to watch over at our YouTube Channel. Be sure to check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment